Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sort of in Hawaii?

We are currently docked in Honolulu, but we aren’t allowed off the ship.  This is a temporary refueling stop before we head to Hilo for tomorrow.  So what have I not mentioned that has happened in the last few days?  Not a lot.  One night there was an auction (both silent and live).  It was kind of insane because people were paying the same amount for a trip to Disneyland as they were for someone to pack their cabin for them.  There were some interesting things up for auction, though.  You could bid on a bath in the Dean’s bathtub, for one (or more) of the RDs to serve you milk and cookies in your cabin, or for a homestay in Switzerland.  I bid on a few things in the silent auction, but I didn’t end up getting anything.  I think my suitcases are going to be a little too heavy anyway.

I only have two exams left for the semester!  Also, since they are on A days, I will have two extra days of free time while everyone is studying for their B day exams.  My last couple of Drama class took place on the Dean’s balcony.  That was fun.  My teacher is married to the academic dean and she suddenly decided she wanted to have class outside, so that’s what we did.  By the end of the second class I felt like I had Dragon Ball Z hair because the wind had been blowing so hard.  Then I didn’t really try to fix my hair again, so it was pretty messed up all day.

I have cell on my phone now that we are back in the US.  It is sort of funny because nearly everyone I have seen around the ship is on their phone.  I haven’t used mine for anything except my alarm clock (I broke my real alarm clock the first week of the voyage) since India, so it is really weird to try and text people.  I keep wanting to text random people on the ship, but I don’t have anyone’s phone number.

Today is just a study day.  They probably figured we wouldn’t do any schoolwork while we had phone reception.  Tonight is the 120-hour film contest screening!  I got to see one of the films already…  But I am not supposed to talk about it…  Tonight we get to watch all of the films that the students made over the past week and see which one wins!  So that should be exciting.

            Anyway, I should go back to studying/calling/texting people!

1 comment: